Child Death Overview Panel
The Child Death Review Partners for Derby and Derbyshire are the Directors of Public Heath for Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council and the Chief Nurse for Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group. The partners will ensure that all Child deaths are reviewed under the requirements of the Children Act 2004 as amended by the Children and Social Work Act 2017 and Working Together 2018.
Derby and Derbyshire Child Death Review Partners will ensure that the Child Death Overview Panel (CDOP) will undertake a review of all child deaths (excluding both those babies who are still born and planned terminations of pregnancy carried out within the law) up to the age of 18 years normally resident in Derby and Derbyshire and if they consider appropriate any non-resident child who has died their area.
The Child Death Overview Panel will be chaired by the Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Children. The Vice Chair is a Consultant from Public Health. This will be reviewed annually when the terms of reference are reviewed.
CDOP is a multi- professional panel. The core membership will include senior representatives from the following agencies:
- Public Health within Derbyshire County Council and Derby City Council
- Designated Doctor for Child Deaths
- Lead Nurse for Child Death Review
- Hospital Paediatrician if the Designated Doctor is a Community Paediatrician or vice versa
- Social Care representative from Derby City and Derbyshire County Children Services
- Designated Nurse or Doctor for Safeguarding Children
- Primary Care representative
- 0-19 service representation from Derby City and Derbyshire County Health Providers
- Paediatric Nursing
- Lay representation
Neonatal Themed Panel
- The membership of this panel will be as above with additional members:
- Midwifery/Bereavement Midwife
- Obstetrician input if not attending
- Neonatal Specialist Nurse
In addition to the core membership of CDOP relevant experts from health and other agencies will be invited as necessary to inform the discussion.